Dr Eric Wee's Gastroenterology practice at Mount Elizabeth Novena (Singapore) treats individuals with digestive, bowel and liver problems. The medical team at Nobel Gastroenterology Centre is helmed by Dr Wee, a Senior Consultant and Specialist in Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
Our Gastroenterology practice aims to deliver quality and affordable care to all patients. We offer comprehensive consultations and targeted treatments that are highly personalized, and tailored to the specific needs of the individual.
Nobel Gastroenterology Centre at Mount Elizabeth Novena is equipped with the Carbon-13 Urea Breath Test (UBT) to test for H.pylori, and a FibroScan 530 machine for the assessment of liver disease.
The Carbon-13 UBT machine detects Helicobacter Pylori, a bacteria commonly associated with gastric pain, indigestion, bloating, ulcers and stomach cancer. Unlike the Carbon-14 UBT which is radioactive, our test is free of radiation and safe for pregnant women.
The Fibroscan is a painless test, which measures the amount of liver fibrosis (liver stiffness). Vital information that is obtained from this test allows our specialist to decide on the most appropriate treatment. In addition, our machine is able to quantify the amount of liver fat using the Controlled Attenuation Parameter technology.
This assessment is useful in individuals with liver problems, and is performed during the FibroScan at no additional cost.
We screen, diagnose and treat all Digestive, Liver and Bowel problems, including the following:
- Treatment of Liver Cirrhosis, Liver Fibrosis and Hepatitis
- Treatment of Liver conditions, including Viral Hepatitis (e.g. A, B, C) and Fatty liver
- Evaluation of Abnormal Liver Scans / Fatty liver / Abnormal Liver Function Test
- Evaluation of Abdominal Pain, Diarrhea, Constipation, Change in Bowel Habit
- Management of Gallbladder, Bile Duct and Pancreas abnormalities (stones, cysts, pancreatitis)
- Treatment of Stomach Pain, Indigestion, Bloating, Burping and Helicobacter Pylori infection
- Evaluation of Abnormal Cancer Markers (CEA, AFP, CA19-9), Stool Occult Blood test and Stool FIT test
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) and heartburn
- Stomach and Colon Cancer Screening
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Treatment of Bleeding Piles
The following procedures are performed by our specialist:
- Colonoscopy with Polyp Removal
- Gastroscopy, Oesophago-gastro-duodenoscopy (OGD)
- Endoscopic diagnosis and treatment of Bile Duct Stones
- Small Intestine Endoscopy and Wireless Capsule Endoscopy
- Endoscopic screening and treatment of Gastrointestinal Cancers (oesophagus, stomach, pancreas and colon)
(Our endoscopic procedures can be paid using Medisave, if available.)
Adopting a healthy lifestyle and health screening are good ways to prevent illnesses and to stay fit.
We offer screening endoscopy for Stomach Cancer, Barrett’s Oesophagus, Gastric Intestinal Metaplasia, Colorectal Cancer and Colon Polyps at competitive prices.
You can also opt for a Digestive and Liver health screening that is customized to your specific risks, after a consultation with our Gastroenterologist.
Kindly contact us if you are interested.
Dr Eric Wee is a Senior Consultant Gastroenterologist who holds the following appointments:
- Member, American Gastroenterological Association (USA).
- Fellow, Chapter of Gastroenterology, Academy of Medicine (Singapore).
- Member, Royal College of Physicians (UK).
- Visiting Consultant, Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, Singapore.
Prior to joining the Healthway Specialist Group, Dr Wee held the following posts:
- Head and Senior Consultant of the Division of Gastroenterology, Khoo Teck Puat Hospital.
- Visiting Consultant at the Departments of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, NUH and TTSH.
- Chairman of the Nutrition Workgroup, Khoo Teck Puat Hospital.
- Senior Clinical Lecturer, National University of Singapore.
- Associate Program Director, NHG Gastroenterology and Hepatology Senior Residency Program.
- Executive Committee member of the Gastroenterological Society of Singapore.
- Founding Member and Executive committee member, Society of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition of Singapore.
- Member of the Ministry of Health, Gastroenterology Workgroup.
Dr Wee is a skilled endoscopist who has performed over 10,000 procedures (e.g. gastroscopy, colonoscopy, etc.), of which more than 2000 are complex (e.g. ERCP, endoscopic ultrasound with needle aspiration and core biopsy, enteroscopy).
When performing an endoscopy procedure, Dr Wee adheres to three fundamental principles: performing a quality procedure, which is both comfortable and safe.
Nobel Gastroenterology Centre is located at Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre, a modern multi-specialty hospital in Central Singapore which is flanked by amenities such as shopping malls and hotels. It has excellent transport links by MRT and bus, and is five minutes to Orchard Road (town) by car.
We welcome you to Dr Eric Wee's Gastroenterology and Hepatology practice at Mount Elizabeth Novena - your health is our priority.
Dr Eric Wee - Gastroenterology and Hepatology Specialist
Nobel Gastroenterology Centre
38 Irrawaddy Road, Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital,
Specialist Centre, #05-39, Singapore 329563.